WhatNotToSing Ratings and more on last night...


Preliminary numbers from WhatNotToSing.com are now available, and their rankings have been very accurate in predicting who is in the Bottom 3 and eliminated recently. For some reason Paul always seems immune from being in the bottom 3, so I am betting tonight's bottom 3 will be Stefano, Thia and Naima. If Stefano is lucky his fans will push him past Jacob, to make put Jacob in the bottom. Most likely the two leaving will be Thia and Naima, which would mean since the top 13 were selected, the first four who leave would all be female!

That would leave Pia, Lauren and Haley as the remaining women, and frankly, between those three I may now have to select Haley as the one to best succeed. Lauren's personality is still too immature and uncouth for my tastes, and Pia is the exact opposite, too poised and pageant perfect. I still have hope for Pia breaking it out and showing some real personality on stage, but if I had to pick between the three of them I would go with Haley if she just tamed down her growling a little (not completely, but stop overusing it!)

Between the guys I've had enough with Paul, Jacob and Stefano, and now even Casey has lost luster as a "winner" in my book. I think it will be Scotty and James duking it out for the final unless:

1) Pia can show some personality and versatility, or
2) Haley can continue to improve to be a worthy contender, or
3) Lauren can stop acting like a backwards teenager (that she rightfully is) or
4) Casey can again show that he is a capable pop "idol".

Here is my latest WhatNotToSing graph with the contestants sorted by WNTS score. You can notice Haley's yellow line having a nice increasing arc, to contrast Pia's green line in a slow descent. Lauren (dark blue) is also recovering from her Top 13 performance, and James (orange) and Scotty (light blue) continue to be very consistent, and Casey (dark red) is coming back up to join them.