My Post Performance Analysis on Where to Cast My Votes


After tonight's performances I truly wish we could pick who we want eliminated instead of who we want to stay! That would make it so much easier. Instead I must check DialIdol.com and also the Idol Chatter blog to see what worthy contestant is in most need of my votes. I was a little surprised on the Idol Chatter vote to see Naima Adedapo strongly picked as the person in most danger of going home. Although I was not overly enamored with her performance, at least she took a bit of a risk and tried something interesting, unlike so many others (Thia Megia, Paul McDonald, Stefano Langone, Pia Toscano.) However, if we look at the current DialIdol rankings, Naima is situated safely in the middle and nowhere near the bottom:
She actually has a higher DialIdol score than James Durbin or Lauren Alaina. Personally, I would rather watch Naima perform her unusual takes on classic songs than have to watch Jacob Lusk oversing himself through anything. At least most of the other performers are just boring so they are not so irritating. I cannot believe Jacob is safely in the green on DialIdol. The other contestant I am tired of listening to is Paul McDonald. I actually like Paul as a person but cannot stand his voice. At least he is pegged at the bottom of DialIdol along with two of the snoozier performers, Thia and Stefano. Lauren Alaina is the opposite of Paul to me in that I think her performances are actually not too bad, but I cannot stand to listen to her when she is not performing and just being herself. And then there is Pia who I watch and listen to and see so much potential, and then she just stays safely in her rut. I find Haley interesting but I get tired of all her growling. It did not work for Casey and she overdoes it way too much. If she were to just tone it down a little I think I could actually enjoy her performances. I was even underwhelmed by Casey tonight who played it a little too safe, after his near elimination last week.

So who should I vote for tonight? I have already voted for James a few times, but I really do not think he needs it. I even voted for Naima a few times since even though I was not overwhelmed by her performance, I believe she deserves to stay more than many others. I voted for Pia a few times just for her potential, and I voted for Scotty too since he just seems like such a nice guy who performs because he loves it. I cannot think of anyone else I feel compelled to cast a vote for tonight. In any case, I believe I will be happy to see the crowd thinned by two people tomorrow, but I have no idea who it might be.  I think 5 contestants are pretty safe (Casey, Scotty, James, Pia and Lauren), but of the other six, it is hard to decide who will be in the bottom 3 and which 2 will be leaving.