Some Dreams Do Come True!

Hey there!

Have you seen the new "The Bucket List" page at the top of the screen yet? Well, it's still incomplete, but I will keep regularly adding to it as and when a new aspiration pops into my head.

Until then I am pleased to say that two of the aforementioned dreams have already come true! As I didn't have my blog up then I didn't post pictures, but now I would like to share with you good people the proof that (some) dreams do come true!

First things first. #62. Be an extra in a movie.
As glamorous as this sounds, it really was a pain in the butt! In 2008, my high school, St. Joseph's College, Allahabad was chosen as the set for a new family movie called Chal Chalein. In Hindi, that means "Let's Go".

 
Seriously, Let's Go. Far away  from here.

It's all about parental pressure on kids and stuff. I honestly didn't like it a bit. It was too long and drawn out. And the acting was just plain bad. I believe the highest review was 2 stars out of 5.
Give it a look-see, maybe you'll find something you like which I didn't.

Anyway...I was part of a group of students who snuck into the shooting were made extras in the film. There was really nothing much, just walking around in the background and stuff. I loved the experience and it gave me an insight into how films are made.

So here's some movie screenshots which feature MOI somewhere in the background. Sorry for the low-res images, this was a really low budget movie!*

Me! In all my blurry low-budget glory.

I don't know about you, but I think I look good!
 There's a few more scenes but I don't want to be embarrassed any further, so let's move on.

Dream #15. Visit Dubai! I have been wanting to visit Dubai since I was little! It's a really rich country in the Gulf and my Aunt Brigitte and my brother Ryan and his family live there, I also have second cousins and family friends there. I was fortunate to visit the country in Summer 2011. It was awesome! Really hot though, the sun was stifling! That didn't stop me from taking pictures though. I went shopping at the world's largest mall, The Dubai Mall, saw the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa (but was unable to fulfill Dream #31), and saw the world's most luxurious (7-star!) hotel the Burj Al Arab (also unable to achieve Dream #30). A lot of superlatives in Dubai!!!

Here's a pic of me and my dad near the Burj Al Arab:


What a memorable day!

Anyway, so that's 2 dreams out of 100 fulfilled!

The point is...as I continue to make my dreams a reality, remember that YOUR own dreams are possible too! Never give up! Don't stop believing!

Gary

* P.S. I don't own the rights to the images from Chal Chalein. Quite honestly, I'm glad I don't.