American Idol 2013: Ranking The Top 5

Well, we're halfway through with the finals of American Idol Season 12, so obviously, it makes sense to look at where this season's Top 5 ladies stand. It's been a pretty unique but predictable season, with every elimination so far being a guy. Sorry, guys, it's the season of the ladies!

Idol's Fierce Five

5. JANELLE ARTHUR Quite honestly, I'm surprised Janelle's made the Top 5. I've never been her biggest fan and I'm yet to be blown away by a performance of hers. I still find her overrated and get the impression that she's trying too hard. That said, Janelle is good. Just not good enough to make the Top 3 this season.



4. AMBER HOLCOMB I haven't changed my perspective on Janelle, but I have to admit, Amber has grown on me. I think her performances in recent weeks were really good- but of course, not even near as good as my Top 3 picks. One thing I love about Amber is that I always hear a little Whitney Houston in her voice. And that kind of talent is rare. If only the producers would stop pimping her so. It's clear they want to see her in the Finale for whatever reason.



3. ANGIE MILLER First of all, can I say just how disappointed I am in Angie? She blew us away in Hollywood Week, and was hailed and the next big thing. But I just don't understand what she's trying to do. It looks like she's lost her way in recent weeks and she's just struggling to get by week after week. Another issue I have with Angie is that she isn't sticking to one particular genre. It's good to show your versatility, but tackling everything from Christian music to edgy rock is just going to confuse people..Angie really needs to do something epic this week if she still wants to be in the Finale. And I want to see her in the Top 2 because she's so incredibly marketable and could make a big splash on the music scene.



2. KREE HARRISON Kree is, as always, genuine, lovable and just really respectable. I admire her poise and grace (although some say she lacks personality) and week after week she comes out on stage and kills it. If she keeps doing what she's doing, I think she could win this season.


1. CANDICE GLOVER Candice is amazing. She's quietly crept past Angie and Kree and is now possibly the one to beat this year. I think we could all attribute it to her unbelievable performance of "Lovesong" this past week. It was fierce, arresting and commanding. I didn't even know she had that in her. Winner? Maybe!



So there you have it. This competition has been turned around completely. Personally I'm just glad that after SIX years, we're finally going to have a female winner! Not just that, but this will be only the second female Top 2 since Season 3 back in 2004! Also, this is the first ever Top 5 to be all-female. Heck, it's the first ever Top 5 to be of a single gender! Really cool.


So which one of the ladies do YOU think has what it takes to win? Who are you rooting for?

[Random plug: If you enjoy reading my blog, Follow it! (Click  "Join This Site" on the right!) Also, find me on Twitter! It's a fun place!]