American Idol 2013: Ranking The Top 10

With the American Idol Top 10 taking the stage this week, I thought it would be fun to rank them. Mostly because I love ranking things. The Season 12 Top 10 isn't the best we've ever seen, but we certainly do have some potential stars there.

The Stage Is Set!
photo courtesy: FOX



Below are the Season 12 contestants ranked on the basis of their talent, past performances, chances of winning, overall marketability, and just how I feel about them.

10. AMBER HOLCOMB Falling at the bottom of the group is Amber Holcomb. She's good, no doubt, but her performances give me a rather pageant-y feel. She needs to inject more emotion and charisma into her performances and not rely on Whitney Houston songs to get her through all the time.


9. BURNELL TAYLOR Burnell isn't bad, it's just that others are better. Personally, I'm not a fan of his voice. It's jarring and verging on annoying. I also see very little commercial potential in Burnell. Unless he delivers a solid performance, he's not staying very long.


8. DEVIN VELEZ Okay, I love the Spanish/English thing, but Devin just doesn't make me want to pick up the phone and vote. He just falls in the "has-beens" category.


7. JANELLE ARTHUR Maybe Skylar Laine spoiled me last year, but every performance of Janelle's sounds pitchy and harsh to me. I think she and Kree are dividing the (very important) country vote this season, but I'm certain Kree will be the longer lasting of the two.

6.CURTIS FINCH, JR. Every season, we have a Gospel singer. 2011 was Jacob Lusk. 2012 was Joshua Ledet. Curtis has good prospects, but I can't see him in the Top 3. He's following the path that's already been travelled, and that might lead to a lot of fatigue among viewers.


5. LAZARO ARBOS The original frontrunner, Lazaro's star has kind of faded recently. He hasn't had a moment since his memorable audition, and refuses to stray from similar songs. That said, he's amazing and inspiring and could go as far as Top 3.


4. CANDICE GLOVER She's a crowd favorite now, and has a jaw dropping voice. I'm yet to put my finger on what kind of genres she sings, but she continues to knock our socks off every week. I'm a Glover Lover.


3. PAUL JOLLEY Paul is most likely to get the "cute boy" votes this season. I'm a big fan of his country-pop style (which is personally something I aspire to). He's very marketable and has great personality to match.

2. KREE HARRISON She's sultry, independent and above all, real. I just can't wait to listen to an entire album of hers. Her natural country-bluegrass style is unmatched. There's no one in the industry like her right now. This girl needs to be in the Top 2 this year.

1. ANGIE MILLER Angie is thoroughly original, talented and fits the "female winner" package perfectly. Aside from her stunning, pretty looks, she's a brilliant songwriter and plays piano too. Right now, she's the best and deserves to win.


I think we can finally see two girls in the finale this year. At least, that's what I want. Kree and Angie facing off would be an awesome show. We have a pretty decent group this year, that's not as good is last year's, but will do. My Top 5 picks are all incredibly talented and I see any of them winning.

What are your thoughts? Who are YOU rooting for?

Don't miss the American Idol Top 10 perform songs sung by past American Idol winners this Wednesday, and the results show featuring last season's winner Phillip Phillips and Bon Jovi on Thursday.