Looking Back...Then Forward!

The world did not come to an end on the 21st of December as many predicted (and some hoped). With three days left of the year, I thought it would be a good time to look back. No, not at movies, music and news headlines of 2012, I would like you to look back at your life. Okay, I know that sounds creepy and super cheesy, but lets give it a try.

1. Were You Kind To Others?
I was- somewhat. I helped people out in little ways and although I'll admit I was a bit self-centered, I tried! What about you? Did you show random people kindness?

2. Did You Make New Friends? I made several new friends this year. In fact, a major lesson I learned in 2012 is that friends don't come to you, you have to go out of your way to make them. This year, I tried hard to immerse myself into as many activities as I could. I joined the gym, returned to church choir and didn't object to staying overtime at college to work on group projects. That way, I was able to welcome many new and wonderful people into my life.

3. Did You Spend Time With Your Family? I believe the family is the center of our existence. Many of us live away from our families and are too busy in our own little lives to devote enough time to the ones who made us who we are. Even though as a student, I live with my family, this year I drifted apart for a while. There came times when I simply wanted to be left alone. Of course, I realized how important my family is to me. You need family, no matter how independent you are.

4. Were You Thankful? 2012 took materialism to all new heights. The technology released this year put 2011 to shame. In the midst of it all, were us poor humans. Some of us succumbed to greed, while the lucky few were able to restrain themselves. Me? Um, a Nintendo 3DS and a Nikon camera. Judge me.
But to get to the point, were you thankful for everything you have? Sometimes in life, you have to stop and be grateful for all the blessings you are fortunate enough to have. I am thankful for every moment of my life, so I'm cool.

5. Did You Follow My Blog? I just HAD to ask. 2012 was a great year for another reason- I started this amazing blog! I cannot believe the amount of support and encouragement I have received over the past few months. I am very blessed and thankful. I would love to expand it, have conversations with like minded people and keep pushing myself forward. So once again, thanks for reading, and make sure you Follow my blog (look for the "Join This Site" button on the right column), Follow me on Twitter or Subscribe on Facebook!

Here's wishing you the very best that 2013 has to offer!

                      HAPPY NEW YEAR!