Face Your Fears

Today being Halloween, the Festival of Fear, I thought I'd do something different rather than watch scary movies or dress up funny. That's fun, but I figured I'll get a kick out of countering certain (cough cough) things that have always scared the crap out of me.
So without further ado, here are some things that have always freaked me out- I'm facing them head on!

5. "Night On Bald Mountain" segment from Disney's Fantasia: Okay, freaky! Everything so dark, scary and horrible, and then this demon, "Chernabog" comes out of nowhere! Man, those hands scared me so bad! Brilliant animation, scary theme!


4. Heights: Not always, but come on, you don't expect me to stand on the top of the Burj Khalifa and spread my arms open and shout "I'm king of the world!" Although I would love to go to the top of that beautiful building, I'd do so just for a picture and to cross off another one of my dreams. But in general, I am scared of heights.


3. Birds! Well, not all, just certain ones like chickens (yes that's right), ostriches (would never like to meet one), pelicans (gross!) and turkeys (ditto). I know that God created them and we must be thankful for his creations, but man, are they freaky creatures. Being pecked by those pointy little beaks...I think I'll pass.



2. The Queen from Disney's Snow White: Why did Disney like to scare people so much!? The Queen's transformation creeped me out like no other cartoon! In fact, this movie was considered so scary in 1937 that kids below 12 had to be accompanied by an adult!

Scary

Scarier


1. Edward Scissorhands: Okay, I'm terrified of this guy! I know it's a really sweet movie, but come on! I was 8 when I saw it and literally peed my pants! How people can watch this movie over and over is beyond me. I would literally pass out if someone like him walked past me on the street. I'm still so scared by him, I can't even tell you.



So those are five things that totally creep me out. What are yours? I would love to know!
 And Happy Halloween!