American Idol Top 13 - The "Heights" of a New Season


Being the weird, nerdy guy that I am, the first thing that struck me when Jessica, and Hollie were awaiting their fate in the American Idol Top 13 last night was, "Wow, those are some short girls!" Especially since we also have Jermaine and Shannon in the Top 13, we have a very diverse group when it comes to heights! So that means it is now my time to try to rank the Top 13... in height! I was able to grab an image off the closing credits when they were all standing still (i.e. Heejun and Phillip were not dancing and jumping!) which makes the comparison pretty easy. Of course, most of the ladies are wearing heels, but I will leave their heels in the comparison, since when they are on stage they will be wearing heels anyway. Here are some more photos to help rank them:

So here goes my list:

1. Jermaine - of course, he is well over 6 feet tall
2. Shannon - in heels she is taller than anyone except Jermaine
3. Jeremy  - probably taller than Shannon in their stocking feet
4. Erika - in heels I think she looks taller than Colton, but he has that hair!
5. Colton - the top of his hair and Erika both come up to Jermaine's ears

Deandre, Joshua, Elise, Phillip and Heejun are next. I think Joshua is a little taller then Elise (sans hat) and Phillip is a little taller than Heejun. Heejun and Joshua are very close, but when both Heejun and then Joshua hug Shannon, Joshua has to raise his head more to clear Shannon's shoulder, where Heejun does not.


So I think Heejun is taller than Joshua. That means Phillip > Heejun > Joshua > Elise. Deandre also has a lot of hair which makes his height determination difficult. Luckily we can again use Shannon as the measuring device since she is so tall!
His chin seems even lower than Joshua's so I think he is shorter than him. I need a side by side of Deandre next to Elise. Comparing their chins to Shannon's armpit (sorry about staring at your armpit, Shannon) I think Deandre is a little bit taller. He is also definitely taller than the three most vertically challenged females, Jessica, Hollie and Skylar. Luckily I have some clips of those three together to rank them pretty easily. The time when Hollie and Jessica were standing next to Brielle and Hallie is when I first realized how tiny both of them are. With Ryan there, it makes Hallie look huge, when in reality she is not that overly tall! However you can tell that Jessica is taller than Hollie, and when Skylar hugs Hollie below it appear that Hollie is ever so slightly taller than Skylar (depending on their shoes of the day, of course!)

So now I can finish my rankings:

6. Phillip
7. Heejun
8. Joshua
9. Deandre
10. Elise
11. Jessica
12. Hollie
13. Skylar

And looking at this list, I can see the taller people perhaps being eliminated before the shorter ones! I cannot really see any of the tallest 4 contestants winning (although Colton may have a shot), and after Phillip I see the best shot of a winner coming from the four shortest females.

But in the meantime we can enjoy watching them try to have a duet between Jermaine and Hollie or between Shannon and Jessica. Get out the step stools!