It's "Clear As Day", Scotty McCreery #2 on Country Charts Again

Scotty needs to find room for another Gold Record
Hits Daily Double was right on target again with the official SoundScan numbers being released today for "Clear As Day" selling 41,000 units. However, I noticed a 1,000 difference between the total sales numbers that USA Today's Idol Chatter gave (424,000) versus Roughstock.com (425,000). Oh well, why quibble over rounding error? The bottom line is after five weeks "Clear As Day" has stayed in the top 2 of the BillBoard Country charts and is 85% of the way to gold (actually farther than that since they just count shipments.) I was also very impressed with my own predictions for "Wildflower" which sold 13,000 (I guessed 12,000) to end up at 124,000 in total sales.

Since the Hits Daily Double estimate was so accurate (as well as my own for "Wildflower"), my sales graph looks almost exactly the same as the one from Friday, so I thought I needed to post a different graph! But what should I do? But after I kept seeing Brad Paisley in promo photos for the CMA Award's tonight, I thought I would track the sales for the first 5 weeks of the top two selling albums released in 2011 by a male country artist. And what do you know, they are both going on tour together next year, namely Brad Paisley and Scotty McCreery. So I grabbed the numbers for "This Is Country Music" which was released May 23 (the week of the American Idol finale) to compare to Scotty's "Clear As Day" sales. After 5 weeks Brad had sold 302,000 albums, and now a few months later he is up to 524,000. This chart is not to downplay Brad who has done quite well with record sales (probably the biggest country male artist right now not named Jason Aldean), but simply to demonstrate how well Scotty is selling, and how well the both of them are doing together. So the tour next year could be called the "Golden Country Guys" tour, which is as good of a name as the "Camobunga! Tour".