Still Waiting for iTunes 'Wildflower' Snippets

I am happy to report that Amazon MP3 beat iTunes in something this weekend, releasing samples of Lauren Alaina's debut album "Wildflower". Unfortunately these are only 30 second snippets compared to the 90 second previews typically available on iTunes. I checked and the previews are still not there on iTunes! I found out about four of Lauren's songs being available for review on the "Rate The Music" site, so I signed up there and was able to listen to them there. These were generous 2 minutes chunks of the songs which were really nice so that you can hear the transitions from the verses to the choruses and also the changing of dynamics throughout the songs. The 30 second chunks on Amazon just do not the songs justice and that is a shame since I was quite impressed by Lauren's vocals on the "Rate The Music" samples. The four songs they had were "Georgia Peaches", "The Middle", "Tupelo" and "She's a Wildflower". If I had to pick her next single from those four I would pick "Tupelo" which I believe displays her vocal sound very well, and my second pick would be "Georgia Peaches" which is just a very catchy tune. By listening to the Amazon tiny snippets you just cannot hear enough to decide. Come on, Amazon, I vastly prefer buying music from you over Apple, but you need longer previews! Apple gives us 300% more previews. that is, when they actually have them.

Tomorrow, Scotty McCreery releases "Clear As Day" which means on Wednesday we will get our first estimate of first week sales. One thing I've been checking is seeing if any of the popular "file sharing" sites have his album out and none of them do yet, which is a good thing.