American Idol Season 10 Track Download Numbers - The Week after


Now that it has been a week since Lauren Alaina's "Wildflower" album release we can see the download sales for both Lauren and Scotty without one of them releasing an album. I believe the release of both albums helped both of their download sales for those weeks. This week both Lauren and Scotty only have two tracks each listed on Brian's Idol Track Chart for the week. Scotty has "I Love You This Big" and "The Trouble With Girls", both with sales of 9,000 (although since ILTYB is listed first I am guessing it had more sales. Lauren's two listed tracks are "Like My Mother Does" with 9,000 (listed between ILYTB and TTWG so I am guessing the sales for the week was ILYTB > LMMD > TTWG) and her new popular album track, "Dirt Road Prayer", with 4,000 downloads (21,000 total in two weeks.) I updated my graph so that the total "Scotty" tally is 18,000 for the week from his two tracks and 13,000 for Lauren with hers.

I noticed that Brian's article this week did not have the total for LMMD but since last week's total was 305K, I am guessing she must now be at 314K. Scotty's total with ILYTB has now reached 654K and TTWG has broken the 100K barrier to hit 105K giving him 759K in downloads from his first two singles so far. Together they have sold well over a million downloads now.

Two more interesting numbers in Brian's latest article were the latest sales numbers for both Lauren and Scotty's EP's released in July. I had not seen those in about a month so I added those to my old EP sales graph. In the past month both EP's have sold another 6,000 units, putting Scotty's up to 191,000 and Lauren's at 85,000. What is startling is how close those two numbers are to their first week sales for each of them. Another way to look at these two numbers is to show how many total albums each of them has sold, Scotty has 191K + 342K = 533K units sold and Lauren has 85K + 95K = 180K. Or if we add them up monetarily as a $5 EP or a $10 album:

Scotty = $5 x 191K + $10 x 342K = $4.375M
Lauren = $5 x 85K + $10 x 95K = $1.375M

Added together that is $5.75 million the two of them have sold! And I am not even considering the track downloads of over $1 million. Wow. Someone over at UMG Mercury is getting a big bonus this year! (Meanwhile Scotty is still eating off the dollar menu at the Garner McDonalds...)