Lauren Alaina's Music Video Currently #1 on CMT

I will have to admit when I first saw Lauren Alaina audition for American Idol, I thought she was fairly talented and had a lot of potential, but I did not think she was quite "ready for prime time". What I forgot was she is just a teenager and still growing up and improving even as we speak. With the release of this music video, it is hard to believe that rather goofy girl we saw during her audition is the same gorgeous young woman showcased in this video.

It is amazing what professional production, styling, makeup and a lot of training and practice can do, because now I believe Lauren is indeed ready for "prime time". As of right now (12:00pm central time) her video has received over 15,000 views on CMT.com and is the #1 video on their site. With Scotty's video coming out tomorrow it will be interesting to see how their views and rankings compare on that site. Lauren will have a one day head start on number of views, so I will be curious if and when Scotty catches up. In any case, I do like Lauren's video which seems like typical CMT fare, and I hope it helps her sell her single and album (once it is released.) Yes, I will have to say I am now in fact a Lauren fan too! (as well as a Haley and Scotty fan -- Pia I am still not so sure about...)

With Pia's video not being released on CMT for obvious reasons, the only site that will likely have all 3 of them will be Vevo.com, although it does not seem to attract as much traffic (For example, right now Lauren has over 15,000 views on CMT.com and only ~300 on Vevo.) I need some numbers to compare!