Top 6 American Idol Elimination Predictions


It is time once again to look at the latest numbers to decide where to place my votes and to predict who will be going home. If we look at DialIdol.com, it is pretty inconclusive, only telling us that Scotty is safe. The rest of the contestants are too close together to differentiate. We can see more interesting numbers by looking at the elimination poll at USA Today's Idol Chatter:
With over 1,300 votes the results there are pretty staggering with 4 out of every 5 people picking Jacob Lusk to go home tomorrow night. Last week at this time it was a close call between Stefano and Jacob, but with Stefano out of the picture, Jacob seems the likely person to go home. Having performed his solo first and then giving a not so memorable performance he is definitely at risk. If I actually liked him I might vote for him, but what I noticed in the Idol Chatter poll is that Casey is picked as the second choice to be eliminated at a distant 7% followed by Haley at 6%. If you remember last week, Haley gave one of the top 2 or 3 performances of the week and somehow she still ended up in the bottom 3. So I am doing my duty by again voting online for Haley as much as I can. I also cast a couple votes each for Scotty and James who I both thought did well. For Haley I believe I voted probably 30 or 40 times. As for the other contestants I really do not care, but I am betting Scotty will not land in the bottom 3, and even if Lauren does she will likely not be eliminated.