Post Elimination Vegas Odds and Final WNTS numbers


As expected Thia Megia and Naima Adedapo were eliminated last night on American Idol, but I was a little surprised to see Paul in the bottom 3 with them. I actually find his singing unpleasant, but I thought he had a lot of fans voting for him. That bottom 3 placement may actually be good for him to rally his fans and make sure he does not get eliminated next week. His bottom 3 placement has helped drop him in the Las Vegas odds to now be one of the two 25/1 long shots along with Stefano Langone. What is even more striking is to see my two week bar graph where Paul has fallen to now be behind Haley who has come back from near death to be in the middle of the pack again at 16/1.
 Since yesterday the top 4 have remained exactly the same and only the bottom 5 have changed numbers a bit. Casey and Jacob have now dropped back to have 10/1 odds. The performance with Haley, Thia and Pia performing was quite interesting since they did not let Thia solo (foreshadowing of her elimination?) but there was quite a difference between Haley and Pia's deliveries of "Teenage Dream". Haley seemed much more relaxed and more at ease, and even though her vocals were not as strong as Pia's, she seemed to be putting more of herself into it. I would still be happier with a little less growling from her, but I will have to say she is starting to grow on me.


WhatNotToSing.com also released their final numbers for the week and they changed a bit from their preliminary numbers (which I had luckily grabbed already.) Initially James has placed just barely over Haley at 72 versus 71, but with the final numbers Haley has ended up over James as his number slipped to 70 but she remained at 71. Lauren still leads the pack with a 79 rating which I find surprising since I actually liked Haley, James and even Pia's performances better than Lauren's on Wednesday. Casey inched up to 68 to pass Pia at 67 and Scotty dropped from 60 to 57 with the final ratings. And sure enough WNTS picked the bottom 3 perfectly even though I was not expecting Paul to end up there myself. So next week Paul and Stefano will both be in danger without Thia or Naima around any more. It will be interesting to see how they do. I updated the final numbers in my spreadsheet and removed Thia and Naima to make it easier to read with just 9 lines: