I Think I Need A Break

I don't mean to alarm anyone- but I've been feeling kind of burned out lately. Which is so strange because it's the middle of my summer vacation!

Mostly, I just feel bored, kind of useless and just a bit lazy. I stare at my laptop screen for a large chunk of the day- even though there's nothing much to do online. Evenings I spend working out at the gym, so that's a nice way to let off some steam.

But on the whole, I think I'm in need of a serious break. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and need a change of scenery. Or even if I can't leave the city, at least something interesting to shake up my boring daily routine. I mean, I have pretty much nothing to do until I (hopefully) start my new college next month. From then on, I'm pretty sure it will be grueling 9 to 5 days. Shudder.

So here's some things I'm going to do starting NOW to liven up my life a little bit.

1. CUT DOWN ON COMPUTER/INTERNET TIME: This one's a big one. Now, I can't completely cut out the computer or internet from my life, but I can limit my usage. Maybe one hour a day? I think I'll try that. By the way, I didn't exceed this month's internet data usage (I used about 6GB out of 8GB), so that's a good start!

2. FOCUS ON GYM: I love working out. It's so calming and lets me go crazy for a hour or so every day. So I'm going to up my routine a little bit and see how it goes!

3. MORNING WALK/JOG/CYCLING? I've been wanting to do this since forever, but I just can't get myself to wake up in the mornings at 5:30. I know, bad. This is a toughie!

4. CONTRIBUTE TO THE HOUSE: I think I have this under my belt already. I do help out my parents with the chores, when required. Also, once I cut down on computer time, I'll have more time to spend in the functioning of the household AND feel like I'm doing something productive.

5. GET A JOB? I need a job! Okay, the reason I haven't had a job till now is to focus on school. I'm pretty sure I would not have been able to juggle both college and a part-time job. But I am free now, so hey, a job doesn't seem like a bad idea. Although I start college next month (around the 15th of July). Hmm, maybe a little gig at the mall might be okay? I sure could use the extra pocket money.

Well, writing it down really helped. I feel slightly less useless now that I've sorted out what has to be done. Sorry if you had to put up with my random train of thought, penning things down always works for me.

Until then, and hope your own summer is going well!

Gary