Don't Let Failure Get You Down...Ever!

Have you ever done something you were so confident about but then failed? Really miserably?

Trust me, it happens to everyone. In fact, quite recently it happened to me. I decided to do something I was certain I would be successful in, but then I had to face defeat and ended up up failing.

Ouch. It hurt. A lot. It took me a long time to get over it. But you won't believe how much I've learned.

So often, we're all caught up in our own selves that we tend to get overconfident. The result? It hurts even more when you crash and burn.

What I'm trying to say is that every failure is a stepping stone. I am aware that this has been quoted over and over for the past hundred years, but it's true. And now I can actually relate to it. Would I ever have believed this saying before a failure? Nope.

It stings like anything when you falter. Your ego is bruised, your confidence is shattered, and you just feel awful. But you know what you need to do? GET BACK UP! Dust off your clothes, and try again. If you believe that you can, you will. Sure, you might not always win, but the experience will help you do even better the next time.

My recent failure really taught me that there's a world outside that's competitive, fierce and will not care if you fall. It's the sad truth. But you have to let that flame keep burning inside of you and keep fighting to make your dreams come true. It might take a lifetime, but if you keep on working hard at what you want, you'll get it.

When I failed, I felt for a few days that the world was over and that I was a pathetic loser. Soon, I saw the greater picture- no matter what people say or do, they can't take away your spirit. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. You have to accept and learn from your mistakes and Keep. Moving. Forward.

The only failure in life is the failure to try. Don't give up. Ever.

Have a great week!