Why I'll Never Cheat Again

Today was my last English Literature final. I woke up pretty nervous, because this was the complicated and really confusing one. After revising all my notes one last time, I started to get dressed. While dressing, I tried to recall as much as I could. And...blank. I just couldn't remember some stuff! What if it came in the exam? I opened my book and tried to memorize as much as I could, last minute. Suddenly though, a crazy idea struck me. I picked up a pen and jotted down some difficult notes on my hand. Just in case.



The exam started off well, and the questions were pretty good. Everything was going smoothly for about an hour and a half, until...it happened.

These inspectors came into our class and started checking people. In case you don't get it, we have a pretty strict no-cheating policy. If they catch you, your entire examination is cancelled right there. Usually these guys never come, it's just once in a way. Relax, I thought. They've never checked me. They'll just go. 

I clenched my fist tightly. My palm was sweating like crazy. I tried rubbing the ink off on my jeans. Great.  Just today I decide to use long lasting ink.

My heart was beating like crazy and I was just hoping no one would discover me. But, things have a weird way of working out, don't they?

For the first time ever, one of the men decided to check me.

That's it. I'm dead.

He took my answer booklet and turned every page to make sure I wasn't hiding notes in there (I kept wiping my hand on my jeans). He checked my desk. Then he asked me to empty out my pockets. I did that, my hands sweating and my heart racing. Just...go...now...

He looked pretty satisfied and went away. The whole thing lasted maybe two minutes, but for me, it was an eternity. I was this close to being discovered. Thank goodness I wasn't.

As someone who never uses unfair means, this was a true reminder not to. First and last time. It was definitely not cool and I kind of regret it. Gee, God sure has a way of pricking our conscience, doesn't he?

God=1, Me=0

The exam went really well, and I'm really happy. But today I learned a really important lesson: cheating is not my thing. It may seem like everyone gets away with it, but it's dangerous and could have cost me my exams. And lets not even mention what my parents would think when I'd have to repeat a whole year!

Well, that's why I will never cheat again. Lesson learned. Mischief Managed.