American Idol Top 9 "What Not To Sing" Scores and Betting Odds


I was not surprised to see Paul Jolley heading home last night on American Idol, but like many other folks I was not overly pleased to see Amber Holcomb voted into the Bottom 3. I have my "What Not To Sing" scores graphed above (sorted from highest to lowest by this weeks score) with the two bottom 3 remaining contestants (Amber and Devin Velez) with a yellow column this week and the eliminated Paul with a red column. Amber has given consistently solid performances every single week, and even though this week may not have been her best, she still gave a better performance than any of the guys this week. I know my cat Super Voted all of his 50 Facebook votes for Amber this week, but I suppose that was not enough. He will have to get all those other cats on Facebook to vote for her too.

I was curious to see how last night's results would change the betting odds for the final 8, and I see the numbers have been posted:


Angie Miller has actually popped back in front of Candice Glover as the favorite again, even after a performance this week that was not one of her finest. I find it odd that Amber still has better odds (14/1) than Janelle Arthur (18/1) after being in the Bottom 3 this week. Perhaps the odds makers think that now that she has been in the Bottom 3 her fan base will be more dedicated in voting her to safety for the next few weeks.
Janelle and Lazaro are now tied at 18/1, which makes Lazaro still the most likely guy to win, then Burnell Taylor at 20/1 and then finally Devin Velez at 33/1 as the least likely winner in the eyes of the odds makers.