Latest American Idol Season 12 Statistics - Heights and Ages


After last night on American Idol we now have 15 of the Top 20 specified with the final 5 decided tonight (okay, actually last night, but I will pretend I do not know that.) The first thing that struck me after last night's show ended was that there is no way we will have a repeat of last year -- having 3 short ladies in the Top 5. Last year we had Skylar Laine, Hollie Cavanaugh and Jessica Sanchez all in the Top 5, but this year only Janelle Arthur (and Adriana Latonio) seem to be that short. When Janelle was standing next to Rachel Hale, Janelle seemed a good 4 to 6 inches shorter. I do believe Rachel is fairly tall but Janelle looks tiny. Last week the shortest lady was Adriana Latonio, and she was the only one of the five that could be considered "short". I will have to see her standing next to Janelle to determine which of them is shorter. I actually remembered that Angela Miller was in the "Misfits" group with Janelle (and Breanna Steer and Kez Ban) so we can examine these two pictures to see if we can tell whether Adriana is taller than Janelle (using Angela as a frame of reference):
It would have helped if Angela and Janelle were standing next to each other in the group rounds picture, but I am thinking right now that Adriana might be shorter Janelle. I need better photos!

The other result I realized from last night was that there are now only two minors remaining in the competition, both at 17: Adriana Latonio and Charlie Askew. The three other minors (all female) were eliminated: Juliana Chahayed, Shubha Vedula and Jenny Beth Willis. I wonder when Adriana and Charlie's birthdays are, since I remember in the past having minors in the competition meant that contestants could not work as many hours and had to have tutoring to remain "legal". Knowing the ages of the first 15 of 20, I can now update my age distribution graph:
Along with the two 17 year olds, there are still five 18 year olds, keeping this a pretty young group. Of the last 10 guys tonight only Burnell Taylor is younger than 21, although last week two 18 year old guys made it through, Elijah Liu and Devin Velez. The 18 year old ladies are still represented well by Angela, Breanna and Amber Holcomb. Right now Tenna Torres is the lone contestant over 24, but tonight there are 3 guys who may stay to join her, Mathenee Treco (26), Nick Boddington (27) or Vincent Powell (29).