American Idol Season 12 Top 40 Age/Gender Distribution

Now that we have an official Top 40 for Season 12 of American Idol it is again time to generate my age distribution for the contestants. Once again the ladies on average are much younger than the guys. In the past the older contestants tend to be eliminated first, especially the older ladies. We will see if that happens again this year. I pulled my numbers from a post at MJ's Big Blog with the ages so I hope that is correct with all the ages. The year by year breakdown is posted above with the youngest contestant being 15 year old Juliana Chahayed who sang "Landslide" for about 10 seconds on air this week. There are also six other ladies 18 or younger, Amber Holcomb, Adriana Latonio, Angela Millier, Breanna Steer, Shubha Vedula and Jenny Beth Willis. The only two from there I remember hearing much buzz over are Angela (heavily featured) and Shubha (somewhat) so I am not sure how well the others may fare. I also decided to group the age brackets in 3 year groupings:
So in terms of contestants under 21, there are 10 females and 4 males. But for contestants over 23, there are 10 guys and only 5 gals. Surprisingly there are three ladies 28 or 29, Cristabel Clack, Kamaria Ousley and Tenna Torres, and two guys in that same upper end of the age range, Kevin Harris and Vincent Powell. Out of those 5, I only can remember Cristabel (somewhat) and Tenna (barely) and I have no recollection of the two guys.

We will see how well the younger and older contestants fare this year.