Hurray, A New Source for Album Sales Numbers!


Since Brian Mansfield at USA Today's Idol Chatter had not been posting much in the past few weeks, I was afraid I would not be able to keep up my running totals of American Idol albums sales. But you never have to fear with the Internet today, somebody will find the information! Someone on MJ's Big Blog reposted a number of posts from UKMIX with some updated album sales numbers. The posts have the total sales and the sales for the past two weeks, so I think I can fill in the total sales numbers for Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away", Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" and Scotty McCreery's "Clear As Day"! Unfortunately they only seem to have the numbers for folks in the Billboard 200 (Carrie at 850K and Kelly at 943K) and the BillBoard Country Top 75 (Scotty with 1.117M). I will have to see if that poster (M2M) continues to post those numbers over there. At least now you can see the complete sales numbers graphs for Scotty, Carrie and Kelly's albums. The Sparkle soundtrack also made the R&B chart so I can update it as well (up to 70,699 in sales) I am leaving the other Idols on the graph too, even though their numbers are a few weeks old, just to add some pretty colors on the bottom of the graph!

Another interesting number they had was for Joshua Ledet's compilation EP which was up to 38,838 in sales on the R&B chart. Since he had the highest sales of any Season 11 finalist besides Phillip Phillips I am still curious how the rest of them sold. Skylar Laine may have come close or passed him up, but we have no idea since her EP did not make the country Top 75 this week. I guess we may never know.

I can update my BillBoard 200 chart for "Stronger" and "Blown Away" since those numbers are easy to find. This is week  number 51 for Kelly, and falling just from 140 to 153 means she should stay in the Top 200 for a full 52 weeks next week. Carrie remains strong at #32 on the overall chart and #2 on the country chart:

The final tidbit are the overall sales estimate for next week from HitsDailyDouble:
It appears that "Christmas with Scotty McCreery" should debut #4 on the overall BillBoard chart next week, which is a nice placement for the album.