"Can I Have Your Number?"

This morning at college, I met a friend. Actually he was more of an acquaintance really. You know how you know someone by face and not really his/her name? That kind. It had been quite a while since I met him, to be honest, and talking to him was like meeting someone all over again.

Anyway, so we were chatting during our free period, and after about ten or fifteen minutes, he asks me, "Can I have your number?"

Umm...no!!!

"Okay, sure," I said, and we exchanged numbers. All throughout, I couldn't help but feel awkward. I barely know the guy! I thought. Why the heck did I give him my number!?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't like to give out my number to anyone I have just met or know by face or who I barely interact with. It's a weird thing about me.
But what bugs me is how people I hardly know ask me for my number - and the fact that I give it out so easily! I just wish people wouldn't bring the phone number issue into a conversation. That really makes me dislike them a bit. Besides, it's my personal number, I can't just give it out to anyone and everyone!

I think it's great that people want my phone number, but come on, just don't ask me for it and complicate things.

Maybe the problem is with me - I simply can't say "No"! I just find it way easier to oblige rather to decline someone.

Sorry, Carly Rae Jepsen.



What about you? Do you find it weird when an almost-stranger asks you for your number? Or do you willingly oblige? Do you find it easy to say no? Or is it a problem for you like me? Don't forget to leave your number in the comments! Okay, kidding. But comment!