Bee Yourself!

This week, I have been doing some serious introspection. I was thinking back to when I was in high school, and how I was so different from what I am today. I used to be awkward, shy, and a total introvert. Although I still am those things, though not as much as I was all those years ago, I also used to have some serious self-image issues. I used to feel that I wasn't good looking enough, unpopular, and just pathetic all around.

So today I would like to share with you, how I deal with my own self-acceptance issues. I hope through this I can inspire a lot more young people who are going through what I used to for so long.

5 WAYS TO...


1. The Mirror Exercise: This always works for me! It's easy: stand in front of a mirror and pretend that you are looking at yourself through the eyes of an outsider. Now, speak to your reflection out loud. I know it sounds weird but trust me, it works. Pick out your best features and compliment yourself. For example, "Wow, your eyes are so beautiful!" or, "I love your hair!" or "You have such a bright smile!" It's a great way to see what others find attractive or beautiful in you.

2. Don't fit in for the sake of it: It's sad to see kids trying desperately to be "cool" and ending up doing drugs and drinking and the like. If you don't want to do something everyone is doing, don't do it! It's that simple. You'll thank yourself later. Be happy in your own little ways. Going along with the crowd will do nothing for you.

3. Make friends: Life is always much easier to go through with friends by your side. But not just any friends. Personally, I am very picky about who I make friends with (see? I'm not perfect!) But I do so because I like to surround myself with thoughtful, positive people, who help me be the best I can be, not people who discourage me and put me down. You will know on your own who's going to be with you till the end of the school year and who'll be by your side till you die.

4. Don't Bother! So you don't like the way I dress? I couldn't care less! You don't like my hair? Bite me if you dare! (I also write poetry) Just don't think twice over what people may say to you. The fact that they may say mean things to you shows that they have their own insecurities to deal with. So not worth your time! Move on...

5. Don't forget to LIVE: Remember that you are in control of your own life. Nobody else will ever get to live your life no matter what. Be grateful for all that you have, your family, friends, material blessings and the like. Once you realize that your life is yours and yours alone, you will know that you must make the most of it. Pursue your hobbies, follow your dreams! Stop worrying about trivial things because they are tiny specks of sand in the great desert of time. The more you are thankful for your own life, the happier you will be. Haters? Let them hate. It doesn't matter to you

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is You-er than You.” 

                                                      - Dr.Seuss


The Most Inspiring Scene From Aladdin? YEAH!

Now tell me: What are YOUR ways to be yourself? Share your own points in the comments!