American Idol Season 11 - Game Over, Phillip Wins!


I am still trying to decide if this year's American Idol Finale lacked as little suspense as last year's or not. Initially I thought there might be a chance that the vote might be close, but by the end of Phillip's final performance I knew it was over. Jessica Sanchez pretty much had to blow some amazing performance out of the park to create a "WOW" moment for us, and that did not happen. And that means Phillip Phillips will coast on to victory. I believe this year the voting will be closer than last year when Scotty McCreery was more clearly headed for victory, but the result is the same anyway. Checking the busy percentages on DialIdol, all 4 of Phillips phone lines are busier than all 4 of Jessica's, with his busiest line about twice as busy as her least busy line. I was not overly impressed by either of their "winner's singles" although they definitely added a lot more production to Phillip's "Home" than to Jessica's "Change Nothing". His was surely the better arranged more current sounding single, and it should be enough to provide him an easy victory. I cannot believe that was the best single they could find for Jessica.

The handful of people that have voted so far on the Idol Chatter poll agree with me that Phillip will win the crown. Now we will have to watch for iTunes numbers on the singles. I believe "Home" will easily outsell "Change Nothing", but it will be nice to hear the studio versions of the songs.
.