"Clear As Day" Back to #1 Country, Maybe #10 Overall

Now that HitsDailyDouble is in FINAL and "Clear As Day" has a 10,000 sales lead over "Own The Night", I think it is safe to say he is back to #1 on the BillBoard Country chart. With Jackie Evancho right behind him with 53.1K versus his 54.3K, however, I will not guarantee that he is in the Top 10 of the general BillBoard chart, but he will be very close if he is not there. Nevertheless we can safely say 10 straight weeks in either #1 or #2 on the Country chart and 10 straight weeks in the top 15 of the overall BillBoard chart. His grand total should now be about 685K, but I will wait until tomorrow to generate my lovely sales and chart graphs. I was curious to see if Lauren or James were back on this week's chart, but they did not make the Top 50 (required sales were about 22K to make the chart this week.) I will have a more comprehensive post tomorrow, but I was just excited to see that Scotty really did hit the +50K predictions.

I was actually over at my mother-in-law's this past Sunday helping her fix her computer when the CMA Christmas show was being rebroadcast on TV. There was Scotty again on national television singing "The First Noel" looking like he belongs there on that stage with those other big country stars. Who would have thought he was just an average high school kid just a year ago?