"Clear As Day" Sells Another 30K, Stays in Top 2 on Country Chart


After the CMA Awards last week I was curious who would benefit most from album sales the following week. It appears the answer is Lady Antebellum and... Scotty McCreery, of course! From the Hits Daily Double "Rumor Mill" they list both albums "Own The Night" and "Clear As Day" as the top two selling country albums at 30K to 35K each for the week. This week I am not going to be so conservative and put the bottom of that spread on my chart but instead picked a number in the middle, 33K. Why 33K? Well, if you add that to his current sales of 467K that would put him dead on at 500K in sales for a perfectly golden number. For Lauren this week I am adding another 10K, but I would not be surprised if she surpasses that. The extra 10K puts "Wildflower" at 146K in six weeks.

I also noticed I did not post the download sale stats from Idol Chatter this Wednesday, probably because they were posted earlier than usual and I missed them! Following the CMA Awards all three tracks by the Season 10 Top 2 kept very constant from the preceding week. Their two coronation singles sold the same number as the previous week, 7K for "I Love You This Big" and 5K more for "Like My Mother Does". They have both been very consistent sellers five months after their release. "The Trouble With Girls" had a 1K increase to 18K, but I think Idol Chatter is wrong with their total of 443K! It was at 137K last week and 18K more should bring it to about 155K. I am not sure where that 443K number came from since it is much too different to be a simple typo! Where did they find that extra almost 300K in sales?