Weekly Download numbers and the first 'Clear As Day' Sales Projections


Today's sales projections for "Clear As Day" are out, but first it is time to report this weeks downloads for Scotty and Lauren. Sales for all three released singles continue to fall, but look for Scotty's numbers to shoot up for next week since a bunch of the tracks from "Clear As Day" are moving up the charts, especially "Out of Summertime", and the song that never dies, "I Love You This Big". ILYTB still sold 9,000 copies this week (612K total), substantially more than the 5,000 for "The Trouble With Girls" (74K total) and the 4,000 for "Like My Mother Does" (284K total).

And the Hits Daily Double projections for Scotty are looking pretty good, 150,000 to 175,000 easily giving him a #1 BillBoard album. Wow. With his fanatic fans I am guessing he will end up on the high end of that so I am putting 175,000 in my chart so I can make a projection myself:
Since Lauren has been consistently selling 50% to 70% of Scotty's sales, if he breaks 175K I can see her selling over 100K herself. If he ends up closer to 150K,  I can see her not quite reaching 100K, but probably still outselling Crystal's first week of 58K last year. So far she has not been getting as much promotion as Scotty and it appears that she may be forced to sing "Like My Mother Does" when she performs on TV instead of one of the better songs off her album. That is really a shame. They still do not have the 90 second previews of her songs on iTunes which continues to tick me off! Her release date is now less than a week away people!!