Season 10 Song Download Numbers - "Clear As Day" release week


I was curious how many song downloads Scotty McCreery would receive on the same week as "Clear As Day" was released, so I was happy to see Brian Mansfield at USA Today finally posted them this morning. Not only did "I Love You This Big" and "The Trouble With Girls" receive large boosts in download sales (ILYTB up 108%  with 18,000 downloads and TTWG up 143% with 12,000), but so did four other tracks on the album, "Out of Summertime" with 8,000 downloads, "Water Tower Town" with 5,000, "You Make That Look Good" with 4,000 and "Clear As Day" with 4,000. If you add up the totals for all six of those tracks that adds up to 51K downloads so I replaced the line on my graph that was the sum of ILYTB and TTWG with the sales all the other listed tracks. In reality the other 6 songs on the album probably account for another 10,000 to 20,000 more downloads, but it is hard to predict how their sales tailed off.

Lauren Alaina's "Like My Mother Does" also had a nice 32% increase to 6,000 downloads and will probably increase again this coming week with her album release. Checking iTunes rankings it is interesting to see how her song sales rankings are shaping up, since neither LMMD nor her new single "Georgia Peaches" tops her song popularity. The far leader for her is the last song on the album, the intimate "Dirt Road Prayer" which I have to admit is a pretty impressive song. I definitely think she sounds best on the album with the slower songs that are not so overproduced, but that she needed a more up-tempo song to be her next single, so "Georgia Peaches" is a good pick. However, right now GP is only the 7th most popular track on her album on iTunes.  I found it interesting that HitsDailyDouble currently has her estimated sales to be 60 to 65K for next week, since that sounds a bit low to me (Crystal debuted with 58K, but that was in December). I am guessing by tomorrow they will readjust Lauren's sales numbers higher to 70 to 75K and she will end up closer to 80K or 90K. I can not believe Scotty will end up selling more than twice her first week sales but that is now likely to happen. That will make it very close next week to see who is #1 and #2 on the country charts. It is definitely too close to call.