Season 10 American Idol Video Views - A Week Later


Since it has been exactly one week since Scotty McCreery and Pia Toscano's official music videos were released (and 8 days for Lauren Alaina's), I thought I would check YouTube.com and CMT.com to see how the total counts for their videos is going. Since Pia is only on YouTube/Vevo I thought I would check YouTube first. By searching for the official Vevo videos for each one, the count as of 9:30am (central time today) is:

Scotty: 1,164,000
Lauren: 404,000
Pia: 314,000

I find it amazing that Scotty has over a million views already in just one week with more total views there than Lauren and Pia combined. However, if we look at CMT, it is interesting to see the numbers are quite different there with Lauren receiving 156K views and Scotty only receiving 108K views so Lauren has about 50% more CMT views. This is enough to put Lauren at #4 on the CMT top videos list while Scotty is at #5. Nevertheless they are both posted on the front page of CMT.com which is definitely a good thing! If we add the two sites together we can get a total:

Scotty: 1,164K + 108K = 1,272K
Lauren: 404K + 156K = 560K
Pia: 314K

This sounds like a bar graph to me!


So in grand total, Scotty still has more than twice as many total views than Lauren and more than Lauren and Pia combined. When you add Lauren's total together she has nearly twice as many views at Pia has received on Vevo. Do video view counts really mean anything?

In any case, I thought Scotty and Lauren were great together on the CMA show on Sunday night. I love the video of them together:



Pia was just on Regis and Kelly today, so perhaps that will boost her page views and her single spins and sales too. I tell you, Pia sings great and looks great, but for some reason she does not seem like a future singing superstar to me.