American Idol Finale Results - Was Anyone Surprised?


Some folks thought you could not always believe DialIdol.com and their predictions, but yet again they correctly predicted the winner, Scotty McCreery by a landslide. I am not sure how many people actually thought there was a chance he might lose just because Lauren Alaina sang better on Tuesday. I would think people would realize by now that would not make a difference unless Scotty did something really stupid, which he did not. Another trend I had to check was how well Scotty and Lauren's tracks and albums were selling on iTunes, with hopefully Scotty outselling Lauren, or it would be very bad news for him. Luckily right now "I Love You This Big" is #2 on the singles chart (right behind Adele's "Rolling In The Deep") and "Like My Mother Does" is #4. On the album chart Scotty's American Idol album is also #2 (this time behind Lady Gaga) and Lauren's album is #8.

So that is my Season 10 wrap-up for now, until I can find some more numbers to track...